Open positions for the New York Chapter include three officer roles: President-elect (three-year term), Trustee (three-year term) and Treasurer (two-year term) and five Executive Board positions (two-year terms).
- Structures – recognizes design excellence in commissioned and completed buildings, bridges, tunnels, and mixed-use development
- Planning- seeks the most compelling work and ideas in urban planning, studies, design guides, advocacy, and regional scale planning. Commissioned and completed master plans and planning reports are also eligible.
- Open Space – recognizes design excellence in parks, constructed wetlands, and resilient sites.
- Projects – recognizes conceptual, unfinished, or unbuilt work. If an entry is awarded under this category, it will not be eligible for a future award once project has been realized.
- Student Award – recognizes excellence in a project from the three categories above: Structures, Planning, and Open Space.