The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) promotes, advocates, educates and advances the practice of Landscape Architecture. It sets the standard for professionalism, exposes the membership to new ideas and practices, and makes connections between people and information. Bottom line, ASLA helps members to be better at what they do – giving members a competitive advantage.
When you join ASLA you are a member of the national organization and the New York chapter. As the national professional association for landscape architects, ASLA has more than 18,000 members from 48 chapters representing all 50 states, territories and 42 countries around the world. You’ll have access to the information, resources and skills of the largest community of landscape architecture experts around.
Membership Benefits include:
Make Connections and Open Doors:
- Receive ASLA professional membership designation
- Get reduced rates on CEU programs, networking and social events and our annual President’s Dinner
- Get shoulder to shoulder with the profession’s leaders at the ASLA annual meeting
- Communicate with people who share your interests
- Search for potential employers or employees through our job board
- Attend the New York Chapter’s annual conference
Expose Yourself to New Ideas and Practices:
- Receive the latest news and events through our bi-weekly newsletter.
- Get the award-winning Landscape Architecture Magazine
- RSS newsfeed The Dirt (ASLA and landscape architects in the news)
- Professional and educational opportunities
Become an Advocate For Your Profession:
- Your membership supports ASLA’s advocacy work in Washington DC
- Your membership also supports the New York chapter’s advocacy at state and local levels surrounding issues of importance to our profession
- Membership provides active involvement with the Advocacy Network where ASLA communicates and connects you to the latest issues important to the profession and the policymakers you need to contact
Types of Membership
ASLA has payment plans for membership dues. You can even pay monthly by direct debit from your bank account.