REQUEST FOR STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL DESIGN SERVICES–SEA GATE COMMUNITY STREETSCAPE ENHANCEMENTS
The Sea Gate Association (Association) is eligible to apply for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant–Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding for disaster recovery projects.
Funding will be delivered through the NY Rising Community Reconstruction (NYRCR) Program, within the New York State Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR).
The proposed project includes the:
- The approximate planting of 250-300 new sea salt durable trees with tree pits along the public streets. Plantings must be insured for up to one year and consultation with an arborist in the completion of the plantings is required.
- Landscaping along Surf Avenue on Parking Lot side (Beach 38th Street to Sea Gate Avenue). Inclusive of handicap accessible sidewalk/ramps.
- Construction of a sidewalk along Mermaid Avenue on Parking Lot side.
- Landscaping and construction of handicap accessible ramps and walkways at Lindy Park.
- Construction of safety matting at Surf Ave (Dave Sevush) Playground.
Requests for Qualifications are due at 5:00 p.m., on Monday, December 7, 2015.