| Job Title: Landscape Architect
Whitham Planning Design Landscape Architecture (WPD) seeks a Landscape Architect to join the design staff at our small, dynamic landscape architectural design, planning, and project management firm. The Landscape Architect will help bring projects through the design process, including conceptual and technical drawings, public review and approvals, and construction.
This full-time Landscape Architect position will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage projects of a variety of scales during all stages of the coordination, planning, and design process;
- Lead project coordination during municipal approvals including SEQR, Zoning, and Site Plan Review submission documents;
- Deliver spoken and visual presentations to project stakeholders and the general public;
- Prepare stakeholder and public outreach plans and facilitate outreach meetings and workshops;
- Oversee technical landscape architectural drawings including site layout, planting, and materials plans and details;
- Support construction administration, including reviewing Requests for Information and preparing site visit reports;
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- 3 – 7+ years of professional landscape architectural design or planning experience;
- Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning;
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
Additional qualities that are helpful, but not required:
- Registered Landscape Architects in New York State, a plus
- Fluency in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping and analysis;
- Fluency in 3D modeling and rendering software.
WPD offers our employees a suite of benefits as part of this position, including a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications; health, dental, and vision insurance coverage; a generous PTO and vacation policy. Our office provides ongoing educational and professional development opportunities and enjoys volunteer engagement with our community. Our bright, beautiful office is in the center of downtown Ithaca, NY, a city which offers an exceptional quality of life.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position;
- Professional résumé;
- Design portfolio showing graphic work produced in a landscape architectural or planning setting;
Whitham Planning Design Landscape Architecture PLLC (WPD) was established in 2010 and is located in ‘gorges’ Ithaca, New York. The firm provides a broad range of services, including design during all stages of a project’s development, municipal approvals planning, public outreach, and project team coordination. The projects we work on range in scale from community planning and large-scale infill development all the way down to urban pocket parks and custom site detailing.