SWA Balsley- Entry-Level Landscape Designer (0-3 years) -Full-time
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Join our team at SWA/Balsley to develop and strengthen your emerging design & technical expertise working on high profile, award-winning projects in NYC, the US, and abroad.
SWA/Balsley is actively seeking a creative, highly skilled Entry-Level Landscape Designer for immediate employment in our New York City studio.
In this role, you will collaborate with staff designers and firm leaders including its principals. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a new dynamic studio, develop a robust portfolio of built work of the highest design caliber, and engage with various other studios of SWA – the largest design-centric landscape architecture firm in the US.
Including fully funded semi-annual bonuses, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, full 401k match, generous health insurance, and H1B sponsorship in the U.S. where applicable, SWA/Balsley offers an unparalleled benefit package. SWA is 100% Employee Owned. SWA/Balsley is an equal opportunity employer.
About the position:
SWA/Balsley is seeking an exceptionally competent and highly motivated entry level candidate with 0-3 years of professional experience. This is a promising opportunity for a recent graduate who aspires to contribute to and thrive within a studio practice that works both locally and internationally and is empowered by a collaborative and congenial office setting.
This role includes:
- Design and design support with input and critiques at all project phases.
- 3D modeling & rendering for presentations and competitions.
- Preparation of construction drawings/documents and specifications.
- Attending and participating in meetings.
- Collaborating with senior designers and administration on a collaborative team.
- Working on high-profile projects in the US, Middle East, Asia, and Europe.
- Grow with a new firm with a national design reputation.
- SWA/Balsley places equal design value on all phases and facets of work.
- Extraordinary growth potential within SWA/Balsley and the affiliate SWA Group.
- Opportunities to cross-fertilize with SWA’s eight other studios across the U.S. and abroad.
- Unparalleled benefits package unique to SWA Group.
- Accredited Bachelors or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture
- ArcMap/ ArcGIS
- and sketching
- Portfolio (PDF, 20MB max.)
- Resume/CV (Word or PDF)
- Contact info for 2-3 references
- Cover letter
Send materials in PDF format to email@example.com. We will carefully consider your application during our initial screening and will contact you if you are selected for an interview by video-conference.
New York City
Number of Positions: