Location: New York, NY
Sector: Landscape Architecture
Martha Schwartz Partners is seeking a new Studio Director / Landscape Architect for its innovative and fast-growing studio in New York City. MSP currently is working on a number of commercial, mixed-use and park projects and is looking for a talented and experienced Studio Director / Landscape Architect. This is a great opportunity to join their leadership team working directly with the Principal in managing and directing the teams while on-boarding many exciting new projects.
- Project Management
- Managing a team of project managers and designers, and client relationships, to meet the aggressive deadlines while ensuring highest quality of project delivery
- Responsible for soliciting proposals from consultants, preparing client proposals, and managing project budgets
- Collaborate with in-house team and outside consultants throughout the phases of the project through successful completion
- Review project contracts to identify deliverables, scope and project schedules
- Manage internal and external deadlines for global design projects across multiple countries through personal time management and effective team delegation
- Writing contracts and contract management during the course of projects
- Participate in response to incoming RFPs
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- At least 15 years of professional experience in a landscape architecture firm with project and team management responsibilities
- Registered as Landscape Architect in the U.S.
- Experienced in QA/QC process alongside construction documentation and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in reviewing shop drawings and construction administration of projects
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is required (Revit is beneficial)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic team in a fast-paced and rigorous environment
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated, energetic and experienced senior project manager adept to managing several project teams and building client relationships. This is an award winning and well-established international practice offering a competitive benefit package with plenty of opportunity for leadership and career advancement.
Interested candidates should please send hand written cover letter and CV to [email protected]
MSP is unable to respond to everyone, please do not contact the office by telephone to enquire. No agencies please. MSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.