Stantec – Landscape Architectural Designer
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s New York City Landscape Architecture Studio is seeking an entry-level landscape architectural designer to join our team. The successful candidate will support the studio in developing design and collaborate with other professionals such as planners, engineers, and architects within our practice.
Stantec is an award-winning multidisciplinary and international practice, consistently ranked as a top A/E/LA design firm. Our global reach translates to a wide range of professional resources, but our individual offices operate as smaller studios, with teams built around and committed to projects for their duration. Our NYC office offers a collaborative and humane work environment in a studio of just under twenty landscape designers within a larger design practice of 300 professionals. We design waterfronts, streetscapes, parks and plazas, university campuses, naturalized habitats, greenways, and cultural facilities, with most of our projects located inside NYC.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Site analysis and design concept development for projects and master plans, including digital and hand-drawn plans, sections, elevations and perspectives
- Design development and preparation of contract documents using CAD
- Production of project renderings and report graphics
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Passionate about landscape architectural design and urban development
- Creative thinking and design ability
- Familiarity with contemporary landscape architectural projects globally
- Knowledge of latest philosophical thinking and research in the field
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe CS, Rhino, and rendering software
- Familiarity with GIS
- Superior research, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills
Education and Experience
Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited school. 0 to 3 years’ experience in landscape architecture
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.