Staff Landscape Designer
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a staff designer who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must be able to excel at all aspects of the practice ‐ ranging from concept design to technical documentation with strong oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Support design teams in the development of design packages that include concept, schematic, design development and construction documentation phases
- Produce firm graphic packages including diagrams, illustrative plans, sections and renderings
- Compile project research and analysis into visual documents and design solutions
- Produce construction document plans, sections and details with project manager oversight
- Oversee small projects or components of larger projects
- Produce concept, schematic and design development sketches to review with associate / principal
- Draft email communication for client & consultants for discussion with associate / principal
- Help coordination efforts with architects, structural engineers, interior designers and other consultants
- Attend client and consultant meetings as support staff to present progress sets, take notes and follow up with clients
- Help with other firm responsibilities including marketing, website updates and promotional content
- Bachelor or Master in Landscape Architecture from an accredited University program
- Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
- Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines
- Two to four years of experience working in a fast‐paced, collaborative design environment
- Strong presentation skills in computer graphic communication is critical (fast freehand plan, section and vignette sketching a plus)
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, and Rhino or other 3D modeling software
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Future Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com. No calls please.
Red Hook, Brooklyn NY 11231
Number of Positions: