Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a staff designer who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must have MLA from a program with a strong design curriculum and a minimum of 1‐3 years of professional experience. Must be able to excel at all aspects of the practice ‐ ranging from concept design to technical documentation with strong oral, written and visual communication skills.
– Support design teams in the development of design packages
– Produce firm graphic packages including diagrams, illustrative plans, sections and renderings
– Attend client meetings as support staff to present progress sets and to understand client needs
– Help with other firm responsibilities including marketing, website updates and promotional content
– Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
– Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
– Experience working on complex projects with multiple variables in a variety of environments
– Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
– Competence in working with a fast‐paced, collaborative design environment
– Strong presentation skills in computer graphic communication is critical (fast freehand plan, section and vignette sketching a plus
– Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Please email [email protected] with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.