Stantec Landscape Architecture is an award-winning practice with over 225 professional staff practicing in over 40 offices firm-wide. Our landscape architecture practice leads rewarding and transformational assignments and is a key component of Stantec, a 22,000 employee multi-disciplinary practice that is consistently ranked as a top A/E/LA design firm. We offer a collaborative work environment and encourage research and development, creativity and innovation. Our work entails waterfronts, streetscapes, parks and plazas, campus planning and design, naturalized habitats, greenways, cultural facilities, sports venues and transportation enhancements performed in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment. Stantec Landscape Architecture continues to evolve and is firmly committed to design excellence.
Stantec’s New York City Landscape Architecture Studio is seeking a senior level landscape architect and project manager to join our design team. The successful candidate will support our studio in a design and technical capacity as well as in the day-to-day management of projects from the proposal stage, into design, and through the construction administration phase. Our team has a focus on urban landscape and the successful candidate will work with other diverse professionals such as planners, engineers, and architects in the design of projects in the public and private sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of diverse projects, specifically in the NYC area.
- Lead and/or participate on teams in design development and preparation of contract documents, presentation packages, and specifications;
- Lead or assist in coordination of consulting disciplines;
- Lead and participate in project meetings;
- Prepare and develop contract drawings and presentation packages;
- Lead and participate in construction administration and observation (i.e. shop drawing review, tracking submittals, and field visits);
- Manage quality on projects through our Quality Assurance process; and
- Participate in on-going skill development activities.
- Knowledge of technical issues in sustainable design and ability to integrate sustainable thinking into high level design in urban and suburban areas specifically within the public realm;
- Familiarity with New York City agency standards and requirements;
- Experience in construction administration and on-site construction observation;
- Excellent creative thinking and design ability;
- Familiarity with contemporary landscape architectural projects;
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe CC;
- Superior research, analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills;
- Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited school;
- Ability to conduct field visits throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut areas;
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in the field
Please send your resume and portfolio (in PDF format) to [email protected].