Special Project Manger, Playgrounds
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2020
High-energy team making extraordinary playgrounds in collaboration with creative clients and international colleagues seeks experienced manager for major projects. APE Studio offers an unusual opportunity to contribute to significant landscape projects and to influence the design of outdoor playspaces for children and their communities. The Special Project Manager oversees a portfolio of destination playgrounds and supports the Director of Special Projects, working in tandem with landscape and equipment designers in all project phases from concept to installation. APE Studio team members enjoy a productive work-life balance, with opportunities for travel and professional development.
APE Studio is changing the landscape of play in America. Together with our international partner, Richter Spielgeräte GmbH, we collaborate with landscape architects to create some of the most beloved and award-winning playgrounds across the country, most recently Gathering Place in Tulsa, OK. Visit our website at www.apeoriginal.com to learn more about our work and approach.
This position is ideal for a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a busy environment and enjoys creative mental gymnastics. We are looking for candidates with at least one year of project coordination or management experience related to landscape or construction projects. Candidates must have the ability to read construction drawings as well as competence with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and experience with AutoCAD.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Strong organizational capability, attention to detail, and flexibility of thought
- Ability to work independently and solve problems proactively
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the design and construction process
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, resilience when faced with difficulty, and a sense of humor
This position is open to candidates in the New York City-area only. During the current COVID-19 situation, however, we will accommodate remote working.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
New York, NY
Number of Positions: