Senior Staff Designer
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021
Senior Staff Designer
Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a senior staff designer who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled. Must have MLA from a program with a strong design curriculum and a minimum of 4‐6 years of professional experience. Must be able to excel at all aspects of the practice ‐ ranging from concept design to technical documentation with strong oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Support design studio leadership in the development of design packages
- Produce firm graphic packages including diagrams, illustrative plans, sections and renderings
- Execute technical documentation with feedback and oversight from firm leadership
- Attend client meetings as support staff to present progress sets and to understand client needs
- Project manage smaller residential projects within the firm
- Interface with construction manager, installation staff and horticulturist to ensure designs are appropriate, buildable and on budget
- Help with other firm responsibilities including marketing, website updates and promotional content
- Dependable, hard‐working, passionate, self‐directed
- Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working on complex projects with multiple variables in a variety of environments
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple
- Competence in working with a fast‐paced, collaborative design environment
- Strong presentation skills in computer graphic communication is critical (fast freehand plan, section and vignette sketching a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.