VERDANT is looking for a Senior Landscape Designer with extensive experience in the high-end residential sector in primarily urban but also rural contexts.
The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of experience as project leader, is comfortable in a variety of project frameworks and has excellent client management and communication skills with extensive technical and plant knowledge.
The new team member should be self-motivated, have a passion for what she/he does and be able to deal with the day to day demands of each project in every situation without little guidance.
We are looking for somebody with a strong and positive presence that is able to guide and direct team members and has an ambition for creative growth and an interest in leading the company to the next level.
Our eclectic and passionate team of designers, horticulturists and installers thrives on a good team spirit and appreciates a good sense of humor in an exciting, at times, fast-paced industry.
Experience and skills needed:
• BA in Landscape Architecture or related field
• 5+ years strong design and project management experience, from broad conceptualization through construction documentation and administration.
• Managed a minimum of 8 built projects requiring multi-disciplinary collaboration and coordination, (including architects, building boards, structural engineers, technical consultants)
• Understanding of projects costs, budgets and contracts
• Ability to work independently with little to no guidance
• Extensive client interaction as project manager, ability to manage their expectation, fulfill deliverables and project schedules
• Strong understanding of typical building techniques in an urban framework
• Strong horticultural knowledge demonstrated through both design and built work
• Knowledge of DOB, Landmarks Preservation and Building board submissions
• Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD R2015, Sketch-up, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator; Rhino, 3D Max a plus but not essential
• Valid work permit
Please send resume, portfolio and cover letter to [email protected](dot)com
For more information about us, please visit : www.verdantny.com
No phone calls please! No recruiters please!