Senior Landscape Architect
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021
As the steward of more than 30,000 acres of parkland, NYC Parks is a recognized leader and innovator of public spaces. Within the division of Citywide Technical Services, the Capital Team works in direct partnership with Parks leadership and other city agencies to assess, design and reconstruct facilities most in need of improvements. The Capital unit at Citywide Technical Services strives for design excellence to support the City’s sustainability goals. The selected candidate for the senior Landscape Architect position will be responsible for execution of Landscape Architecture projects that support our goals.
• Under direction, with very great latitude for the exercise of independent judgment or action, supervise a team of Junior Landscape Architects and Project Managers towards the design and execution of landscape architectural base Capital projects.
• Ensure that projects are successful through the design process, including staying within budget, and on time project completion.
• Represent NYC Parks to other agencies and the public.
• Prepare presentations, reports, and present to the public.
• Support Parks Citywide Capital Division that includes $50M+ of funded projects.
A valid New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect, and either:
1. A Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university, accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and three (3) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work; or
2. Four (4) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in landscape architectural work.
NOTE: Current New York State Registration as a Landscape Architect must be maintained for the duration of your employment.
NOTE: Landscape Architects with out-of-state registration are welcome to apply provided that reciprocal New York State registration is obtained prior to hire.
NOTE: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Proven design ability in landscape architectural work.
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of sustainability, resilience, and universal design principles.
4. Portfolio demonstrates strong skills in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3D Rendering (link on resume to digital portfolio preferred).
5. Adept at creating presentations in InDesign and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. At least one year leading a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
7. A driver license valid in New York State.
Apply by 7/23/21.
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 466461.
Randall's Island, New York City
Number of Positions: