Posted: Monday, November 9, 2020
We are in search of a talented professional to join our collective as a Project Manager. This position includes coordination and leadership for landscape architecture and urban design projects from programming, planning, and conceptual design through construction documentation and administration, and requires outstanding communication and organization skills. Working with firm Principals, Directors, designers, and drafters, the Project Manager will direct the design and production team, coordinate with outside clients and consultants, and review all design and construction documents for a wide variety of public and private projects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or Urban Design
- Four (4) or more years of experience in a project management position; eight (8) or more years of professional experience overall
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and the ability to relay the project story to various audiences
- Enthusiasm and interest in becoming integrated in firm processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with firm colleagues, clients, and consultants
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation
- Competency with relevant software, including: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Sketch-up. Knowledge of MicroStation and 3-D modeling software is a plus.
- Knowledge of specification writing is a plus
- Landscape Architecture or Architecture professional license is a plus
- A passion for the work and an ability to have fun!
Commensurate with experience.
site design group, ltd. (site) is a creative landscape architecture and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois. In our 30 years in business, we have made our name in Chicago and throughout the United States for our leadership and innovation in landscape architecture and urban design, commitment to design excellence, and out-of-the-box, creative process. As landscape architects, arborists, urban designers, planners, engineers, and architects, we are a collective of innovative creative-thinkers. We believe having fun and creating captivating spaces are symbiotic.
Our design process is iterative, collaborative, and equal parts creative and pragmatic. We pride ourselves on developing unique, project-specific designs, but we’re also intent on creating functional, well-detailed spaces that work while satisfying the needs of owners and users.
E-mail a brief cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Director of Marketing + Communications
site design group, ltd. (site)
We will begin reviewing applications December 1, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
site design group, ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer in full compliance with local, state, and federal Civil Rights and Affirmative Action laws. It has always been and continues to be site design group, ltd.‘s policy to provide equal-opportunity employment to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. This policy relates to all employment decisions, including those in connection with recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Commensurate with experience.
Number of Positions: