Project Manager, Landscape Architecture and Site Construction
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
SiteWorks is a specialty landscape architecture practice that helps translate visionary landscape ideas into reality. We offer a range of technical services encompassing design, executive landscape architecture, specification writing, cost estimating, operations and maintenance planning, constructability reviews, value engineering, construction scheduling and logistics planning, construction inspection and resident landscape architect services.
Project manager sought to oversee technical design and construction of high profile public and private sector urban landscape projects including, but not limited to parks, playgrounds, athletic facilities, waterfronts, streetscapes, plazas, roofscapes, interior landscapes, campuses, green infrastructure facilities and private developments. Work is primarily in the public realm.
Responsible for working with multi-disciplinary design and construction management teams at all phases of project development from conceptual design through the preparation of contract documents, project procurement and on-site construction oversight. Other job responsibilities include: cultivating and management of client contact/relationships; management of individual project budgets and schedules; coordination and direction of sub-consultants and junior staff; acting as a mentor to junior staff; participation in marketing and business development activities such as proposal writing and interview presentations.
Experience with NYS Parks, NYC Parks, NYC DDC and NYCEDC projects a plus.
As part of our team the position requires the following qualifications:
• Degree from an accredited program in Landscape Architecture, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of both in-office design and on-site construction oversight
• Demonstrated project management skills including managing construction document production
• Excellent time management skills
• Keen problem solving skills
• The ability to be proactive
• Effective communication and collaboration skills
• Solid knowledge of plants, horticultural soils and construction detailing
• Ability to anticipate schedule challenges inherent to project management and construction
• Demonstrated facility with Microsoft Word and Excel, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Suite.
• Working knowledge of Vectorworks or civil 3D a plus.
• A sense of humor
• Valid NY Landscape Architect or Professional Civil Engineer License or equivalent with intent to gain reciprocity is a plus.
• Certification from a Construction Management training program is a plus.
• International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification is a plus.
To apply, send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Commensurate with experience
New York, NY
Number of Positions: