Margie Ruddick Landscape located in Tarrytown, NY, is seeking a full-time Landscape Designer, Landscape Architect, or Architect with strong interest in landscape design to join our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative firm. This position will entail the site design, planning, and coordination of projects at a range of scales, the majority of which are based in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester and Fairfield Counties. http://www.margieruddick.com/about-us/
Applicants must have experience in landscape design and project management for residential projects and small, mid-size, and large development projects. The ideal candidate will have at minimum 2-5 years of work experience in a landscape architecture firm in the US. A background in an allied profession is a plus. Opportunity to work from home a few days/week is available.
- Design and management of drawings for projects of different scales and different stages in the design process
- Project management and coordination between clients, consultant teams, and contractors
- Compilation of targeted project research and analysis into visual and text documents and/or design solutions
- Initiate tasks, organize, and see projects through completion within a timeline
- Preparation of and the ability to give verbal, visual, and oral presentations to clients, municipal staff and boards, community members, etc.
- Collaborate with and support team members
- For interested architects, our office does not design enclosed, conditioned spaces.
- Demonstrated ability in Site Assessment, Design, and Planning at macro and micro (details) scales
- Project management and coordination experience
- Professional Landscape Architecture degree (BLA or MLA) or Architecture degree
- Effective time management ability with attention to detail
- Preparation of proposals, contracts, and cost estimates for upcoming projects
- Strong design and writing skills
- Clear communication, organization, and presentation skills
- AutoCAD and Adobe Suite software
- Experience 3-D modeling and rendering, a plus
- Other degrees in allied design disciplines, such as in planning or architecture, a plus
Candidates are required to submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio (no more than 15 MB), and writing sample. Please send inquiries and application materials to Roe Dentico [email protected] We look forward to reviewing your work.