Principal Landscape Architect – Hazen
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Hazen and Sawyer seeks to fill an immediate need for a Landscape Architect / Landscape Designer with 3-6 years of experience in their NYC office.
Applicants should possess strong technical, graphic, design, and written abilities for collaboration on small and large scale multi-disciplinary projects. The candidate should have experience in all phases of landscape and site development including conceptual design, hand/computer graphics, project management, planting plans, construction documentation, shop drawing review, and construction management. The ideal candidate will have experience in ecological restoration, wetland design, green infrastructure, and arborist surveys.
Experience with drafting and compiling Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, and permitting documents is highly advantageous. Candidates who also possess experience or background conducting natural resource surveys and/or assessments (desktop and field) will be given greater priority. Strong writing skills, sharp attention to detail, big picture thinking, and the ability to review/prepare technical reports and repackage them for inclusion in public documents is essential. The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that enable them to effectively interact with clients and senior staff on a range of issues.
- Accredited degree in Landscape Architecture
- Professional license or pursuing licensure with 3 years post-graduate professional experience under the direct supervision of landscape architect
- 3 years New York State professional experience, experience working with NYC agencies – either through college coursework and internships or current/past positions is advantageous
- 2 years professional experience drafting in AutoCAD or Civil 3D
- Driver’s license and ability to drive to and through the city and tri-state area
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019+ and construction documentation drafting
- ArcMap / ArcGIS
- Hand Sketching & Hand Drafting
- Local tree, shrub, and groundcover Identification
- Planting design
- ISA Certified Arborist or progress towards certification
- Revit / Lumion / SketchUp
- Experience in drafting and compiling EIS, EAS, and permitting documents
- Digital Portfolio (PDF, 20MB max.)
- Writing Samples
- Cover letter
New York, New York
Number of Positions: