OSD – Senior LA / Project Manager
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022
OSD is an award-winning, growing, design studio seeking solutions for a future defined by climate change and its social and ecological impacts. We are landscape architects, urban designers, and architectural designers. OSD prioritizes the holistic design of our built environments by designing from the outside > in: prioritizing the needs of the land and the people who use it, and using this as the framework for the design of public spaces, roads, parks, and structures. We are characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, team-work between disciplines and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where collegial support is highly valued and where ambition, high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field is key. We value creativity, energy and team spirit. OSD has been named a Top 10 emerging firm by Landizer, has been named to the Walton Family Foundation Design Excellence program, and has been recognized by international awards such as AZ awards, Rethinking the Future, and Architect’s Newspaper Best of the Year awards.
You can read more about us here: http://osd.nyc/about/
IS IT YOU?
We seek a self-motivated, communicative, and collaborative Project Manager / Technical Designer to help manage and guide the technical design, documentation and implementation of projects of varying scales. This will encompass representing the firm in the delivery of projects.
We seek candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Professional degree in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture and minimum 5+ years professional experience. Experience in a leading American or International office is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English – spoken and written.
- Ability to pro-actively train and mentor staff
- Organizational excellence, including meeting project milestones on time, including guiding drawings, coordination, and specifications.
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with bidding & negotiation, and construction administration, including preparing cost estimates and specifications.
- Excellent understanding of construction details, sustainable use of materials, grading design, and natural systems, and materials.
- Strong ability with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, and basic rendering programs.
- Willingness to take on constructive guidance in response to direction from managers.
- Experience working with Public Agencies is a plus.
Number of Positions: