OSD seeks Project Manager / Technical Designer
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021
Is it you?
We seek a self-motivated, communicative, and collaborative Project Manager / Technical Designer to perform as manager of multiple projects – guiding the technical design, documentation and implementation on multidisciplinary projects of varying scales. This will encompass representing the firm in the delivery of projects.
OSD is a young, growing, award-winning multidisciplinary design studio that emphasizes the importance of designing from the outside > in: using questions of ecology and social space to design our public space, mobility, and building structures. We are characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, team-work across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where collegial support is highly valued and where ambition, high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field is key. We value creativity, energy and team spirit.
You can read more about us here: http://osd.nyc/about/
- Professional degree in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture and minimum 5+ years professional experience.
- Experience in a leading American or International office is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English – spoken and written.
- Ability to pro-actively train and mentor staff
- Organizational excellence, including meeting project milestones, producing and guiding drawing sets, coordination, and specifications
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with bidding & negotiation, and construction administration, including preparing cost estimates and specifications.
- Excellent understanding of construction details, sustainable use of materials, grading design, and natural systems, and materials.
- Strong ability with AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Rhino, and basic rendering programs.
- Willingness to take on constructive guidance in response to direction from managers.
- Experience working with Public Agencies is a plus.
- Please submit CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Number of Positions: