NYC Parks – Design Administration Coordinator
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that designs, builds, and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play, and enjoy. NYC Parks manages more than 30,000 acres or 14% of the city’s land, encompassing more than 5,000 individual properties. Our diverse set of assets include recreational facilities, nature centers, historic buildings and structures, golf courses, athletic fields, playgrounds, tennis courts, public pools, comfort stations, retaining walls, and nearly 14 miles of beaches.
The Capital Division at NYC Parks is responsible for managing the design, construction, and administration of capital projects to expand, improve, and revitalize these public spaces. The Design Administration Team oversees the Landscape Architecture unit in the Capital Division, which is the creative force that imagines and defines the aesthetics and use of new and refurbished public spaces. These designs impact neighborhood growth, public health and fun in communities throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
- Under direction, with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgment or action, assist the Chief of Landscape Architecture in the management and guidance of the Landscape Architecture program. Coordinate all phases of the schematic design review process, and support the Design Administration team, including Specifications & Estimates, Historic Preservation and Accessibility Coordination.
- Coordinate a variety of landscape architecture design reviews at the division and Agency level, including scheduling and facilitating meetings, assisting with the preparation of presentations, and tracking follow-ups.
- Maintain an archive of schematic presentations, agendas, meeting minutes and other relevant records from design reviews.
- Assist with the management of the Design Resources drive, a toolbox of digital resources and reference materials designed to provide support and guidance for the Landscape Architecture teams.
- Prepare presentations, graphics and visual aids for the Chief of Landscape Architecture.
- Track design phase milestones and monitor progress using Unifier and other project management tools.
- Provide support for the Deputy Commissioner’s office as needed, including troubleshooting connectivity issues, gathering and analyzing capital project data and creating visual materials.
- Schedule, organize and monitor online community input surveys. Process and share responses from the public.
- Oversee Parks’ Landscape Architecture continuing education program, including coordinating logistics with presenters and facilitating remote, in-person and hybrid meetings. Process certifications.
- Assist senior management with special projects and other related tasks.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign.
- Excellent problem solving, researching and organizational skills. Ability to focus on details and respond quickly to requests.
- Experience creating presentations and clearly written documents for diverse audiences.
- Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $54,100 – $83,981 plus excellent benefits
Work Location: Olmsted Center, Queens
Apply by: 02/10/2023
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
- Go to nyc.gov/careers/search
- Search for Job ID#: 569061
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
THE CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN INCLUSIVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO RECRUITING AND RETAINING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE AND PROVIDING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FREE FROM DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT BASED UPON ANY LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS OR PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN INDIVIDUAL’S SEX, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, RELIGION, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, VETERAN STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY, OR PREGNANCY.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVICE FOR THE DEAF: (212) 504-4115
$54,100 - $83,981 plus excellent benefits
Olmsted Center, Queens, NY
Number of Positions: