NYC Parks Department: Senior Project Manager for Landscape Architecture
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2021
• Under the direction and in coordination with the Chief of Landscape Architecture, develop and implement design guidelines, quality assurance/quality control audits, and illustrated best practices for landscape architectural design.
• Manage a quality assurance/quality control program including contract document audits and provide training sessions to staff as required.
• Work closely with the Agency Preservation Officer in Landmarked and Historically important (legacy) properties to streamline the design process and promote preservation and enhancement of historic design.
• Research historic design and precedent and provide research assistance to project designers, Parks Central Forestry, and Borough Forestry divisions.
• Coordinate and review projects completed by other agencies and/or sponsors on City park lands.
• Develop and hold training presentations related to the field of Landscape Architecture as requested by the Chief of Landscape Architecture.
• Serve on multi-agency City task forces on a variety of topics.
• Participate in and fill in for the Chief of Landscape Architecture on high-level agency, interagency and external meetings, and coordinate follow-up action.
• Approve project tasks required in the Capital Projects’ project tracking system.
• Schedule internal design reviews and coordinating agency submissions as needed.