NYC Parks Department: Landscape Architect III
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2021
As stewards of 14% of New York City’s land, NYC Parks builds and maintains clean, safe and accessible parks citywide and programs those sites with recreational, cultural and educational activities for people of all ages. Through this work, NYC Parks improves people’s lives, providing outlets for creative expression, opportunities for healthy recreation and exposure to the restorative beauty of the natural world.
NYC Park’s Capital Projects division manages the design and construction of parks and park facilities across the five boroughs with an active project portfolio of $2.1 Billion. To meet its charge of delivering high-quality projects on budget and on schedule, the Capital division is looking for highly skilled, experienced Landscape Architects.
• Reporting to the Design Director and with minimal direction, manage projects from inception to construction close-out, working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary project team to ensure timely completion of work. Provide project-based oversight to junior staff on design projects.
• Manage landscape architecture projects of high complexity and provide support on other design projects, ensuring that all projects are completed on budget and on schedule. It is anticipated that project portfolios will include agency initiative projects and/or multiple complex projects requiring a high-level of skill and experience.
• Investigate and recommend solutions to relevant problems of grading, spatial organization and site utilization. Prepare suitable graphics and presentations to communicate design intent, project progress and approval strategy. Present projects clearly and efficiently to other internal and external stakeholders.
• Using AutoCAD and other software, prepare and/or manage the preparation of contract drawings.
Develop specifications, cost estimates and estimates of quantities for proposed work.
• Review sites and designs with all internal stakeholders to ensure the project meets all NYC Parks’ requirements. Coordinate, strategize and plan regulatory and other complex external approvals for on-time, on-budget progress and delivery of projects.
• Monitor progress of construction by reviewing and approving shop drawings and other construction related design tasks. Conduct occasional site inspections for quality assurance and solve field condition issues in an efficient manner.
Olmsted Center, Queens
Number of Positions: