NV5 – Assistant Landscape Architect
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2022
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking an Assistant Landscape Architect for our team in Long Island, NY. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Work as part of a team of design professionals including Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Traffic Engineers to prepare plans and specifications for various municipal projects throughout Long Island and Southwest Connecticut.
- Projects include downtown streetscapes, suburban parks and recreational facilities, spray parks, ballfields, bicycle paths and trails, coastal resiliency, green infrastructure, wayfinding and interpretive signage, and roadway and highway reconstruction.
- Utilize computer software programs to display designs in Autocad, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketchup and Lumion.
- Perform tree assessments and condition surveys.
- Prepare landscape plans, drainage and grading design, stormwater pollution prevention plans, site layout plans, technical specifications, and cost estimates.
- Bachelors Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Working towards Registered Landscape Architect license
- Proficiency with Autocad
- Graphic design skills preferred (sketchup, Adobe Suite, Lumion)
- Ability to work well with clients and co-workers
- Committed to quality work
- Good communication skills
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
The pay for this position in New York is $60,000.00 – 70,000.00; however, base pay offered may be higher or lower depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location
$60,000 - $70,000
Number of Positions: