Elizabeth Kennedy Landscape Architect, PLLC (EKLA) has an immediate opening for a highly capable, mid-level landscape architect interested in issues of social and environmental justice. The position requires 7-10 years’ experience in project development and documentation; portfolios should demonstrate mastery of composition as well as strong analytical and technical skills. Candidates should be resourceful, insightful, mature, and flexibly adaptable to working on multiple projects.
EKLA was founded in 1994. Black-owned and woman-run, EKLA is the longest-surviving such firm in the country. The majority of our work is civic in focus, and mission-driven: if you have been to the Weeksville Heritage Center in Brooklyn, or the African Burial Ground National Monument in Lower Manhattan, you have experienced our landscapes. Our projects at the intersection of social justice and design quietly challenge mainstream assumptions about the aspirations and needs of underrepresented voices and exemplify landscape architecture’s potential to engage a broader critical understanding of place and identity.
– This is a full-time salaried position.
– Direct report to the firm principal.
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive, commensurate with experience.
– Proficiencies: both hand drawing and digital documentation
– Platforms: both Mac OS and Windows platforms.
– Friendly, open, diverse work culture
Job Type: Full-time