MARTHA SCHWARTZ PARTNERS (MSP): Associate NY office
Posted: Friday, December 8, 2023
MARTHA SCHWARTZ PARTNERS (MSP)
MSP is a Landscape Architecture design practice dedicated to creating landscapes that are both beautiful and tackle the landscape’s greatest challenges. We are advocates for the planet while we help vision and build more sustainable, innovative, and equitable places around the world. Our vision demands that we push ourselves to transcend conventional thinking in pursuing this mission. With the potential to radically improve quality of life for all, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to achieve something new, something fresh, something unprecedented — help us build it!
Associate NY office
You will be a key member of the MSP team in New York City, working at all scales and across international boundaries. The role is tasked with making early concepts tangible, starting from deep research and synthesis, and executed in the context of iteration and ideation. As a passionate proponent of landscape design, you will:
Responsibilities will include:
• Experience on projects from Schematic Design to Construction Documentation
• Experience in project management and technical coordination
• Preparing presentation materials including conceptual plans, reports, diagrams, detailed design, and construction documents.
• Review and ensure local building codes and requirements in the preparation of drawing packages
• Manage project staffing and budgets assisting the Directors with assessing future project and resource needs
• Maintain up‐to‐date and accurate project record filling
• Manage and coordinates sub‐consultants
• Manage client communication as the primary point of contact
• Lead regular design and coordination meetings.
• Experience working in North America
What we expect:
Landscape Architecture graduate – BLA or MLA
A minimum of 8 years’ experience in design or project management for landscape architecture projects.
An ability to execute with design excellence and attention to detail.
Excellent communication, and coordination skills, including the ability to sketch/develop designs on paper as well as digitally.
Project experience overseeing staff in the technical execution of work
Proficiency at AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe AI/PSD/INDD is required.
Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience in working on a variety of scales and typologies varying from master planning to site specific landscapes.
Mentor team members on building materials and construction technology, materials and installation, technical detailing and evolving methods and material.
Experience in the following is a Bonus, but not a requirement:
Demonstrated Revit/Building Information Modelling (BIM) experience.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Specification writing experience
Licensure in Landscape Architecture
Please send your CV and portfolio (max 6MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Martha Schwartz Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York, NY
Number of Positions: