Margie Ruddick Landscape – Landscape Architect w/Construction Experience
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2022
Margie Ruddick Landscape, located in White Plains, NY, is seeking a full-time Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect with construction experience for our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative firm. This position will entail the site design, planning, coordination, and construction administration of projects at a range of scales, the majority of which are based in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester and Fairfield Counties. http://www.margieruddick.com/
Applicants must have experience in landscape design, project management, and construction for residential projects and small, mid-size, and large development projects. The ideal candidate will have at minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a landscape architecture firm in the US. A background in an allied profession is a plus. Professional registration is a plus. Opportunity to work from home a few days per week is available. This is a hybrid position with an opportunity to work from home a few days a week.
- Design and management of drawings for projects of different scales and different stages in the design process
- Project management and coordination between clients, consultant teams, and contractors
- Conduct site visits and provide construction solutions
- Initiate tasks, organize, and see projects through completion within a timeline
- Preparation of and the ability to give verbal, visual, and oral presentations to clients, municipal staff and boards, community members, etc.
- Collaborate with and support team members
- Demonstrated ability in Site Assessment, Design, and Planning at macro and micro (details
- Field experience in landscape design and construction
- Demonstrated problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Project management and coordination experience
- Professional Landscape Architecture degree (BLA or MLA) or related field
- Effective time management ability with attention to detail
- AutoCAD and Adobe Suite software
- Strong design and writing skills
- Clear communication, organization, and presentation skills
Candidates are required to submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio (no more than 15 MB). Please send inquiries and application materials to Judith Celano, email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your work.
White Plains, NY
Number of Positions: