As perfection is in the details, we are always looking for top talent to bring new ideas and experiences to help shape our company’s landscape. We are seeking a Maintenance Account Manager to join our collaborative, growing team.
As a part of our maintenance staff, the Maintenance Account Manager would be responsible to assist in running the daily operations of the maintenance division. The Maintenance Account Manager will act as the liaison between members of the maintenance staff and the customers to ensure quality services and requests. Some of the characteristics the Maintenance Account Manager shall demonstrate include, but are not limited to, excellent customer service, people management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Communicates proactively and frequently to ensure high quality and service expectations are delivered accordingly
- Manages labor for four or more crews, including daily crew schedules for water, fertilizing and maintenance as well as coordinates equipment and material to accomplish production schedules within established budgets
- Acts as a trusted representative and partner of the organization and of the maintenance team by continuing to enhance the organization’s reputation, by representing and by conducting one’s self in a professional manner at all times
- Works cross-functionally to provide proper documentation, such as project status updates, necessary documentation from site visits, project issue log, etc.
- Develops and sustains relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Conducts weekly Quality Site Assessments (QSAs) of service partners’ work on client site
- Assists Maintenance Manager with overall management of field staff within division to promote continued productivity of the team
- Enforces compliance, according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) standards, to ensure safety of the crew and of the client site
- 2+ years experience in leadership and management (required)
- 2+ years experience in scheduling and in proposal writing (preferred)
- 2+ years experience in maintenance management (preferred)
- 1+ years experience in landscaping (preferred)
- Commercial Pesticide License (Category 3A – Ornamentals, Shade Trees and Turf) (preferred)
- ISA Arborist Certification (preferred)
- Ability to create proposals, to construct client communications and to evaluate assigned employees and properties
- Seeks to improve efficiencies through creating strategic project plans to enhance the customer experience
- Demonstrate experience in client management and in both relationship building and team building
- Proactively prioritizes in a fast-paced working environment
- Flexibility to communicate or to travel to any job site within portfolio
- Strong communication skills including oral, written, and customer approach
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
landscape details is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer.