Local Office Landscape and Urban Design (Local): Local Office Landscape and Urban Design (Local)
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Local Office Landscape and Urban Design (Local) seeks a Landscape Designer to join our rapidly growing Brooklyn-based studio. Local is a research-based design firm focusing on building innovative, resilient, and environmentally just landscapes worldwide. Inside our studio, we are a solutions-forward and hyper-collaborative team. Together, we pride ourselves on working collectively and locally to develop creative design solutions specific to regions across the planet. We are looking for the ideal candidate who shares similar passions in creating a better world for our future.
As a Designer, you will work closely with senior staff to research, design, and produce drawings for multiple projects. The candidate shall demonstrate solid design sense, possess strong technical skills, and work with all aspects of a project, schematic through building implementation. Experience and qualifications are below.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s of Landscape Architecture from an accredited school is
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a landscape design
- Must be Adobe, AutoCAD, Rhino, V-ray, and Enscape proficient and have working knowledge in 3D rendering and digital modeling.
- Must demonstrate the ability to express complex ideas and solve problems graphically.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in site planning, grading, materials, and planting
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills, strong organization and time management habits, and ability to work well independently and
- Must have experience demonstrating their ability to work well within a design team and take direction from senior
- Responsibilities include preparing landscape plans, physical models, 2D and 3D drawings, and architectural computer software to illustrate a project design
- Other responsibilities include participating in design competitions and proposals and preparing written and graphic submissions to potential
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to tricia@localofficelandscape.
Number of Positions: