Langan – Landscape Architect
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Landscape Architect to join its collaborative team in White Plains, NY. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with the planning, design and permitting of landscape architecture, land development and planning projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on integrated design services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Our current project list includes a diverse portfolio of urban revitalization and streetscape, retail and commercial projects, school and university design, healthcare clients, smart growth planning, community design, rooftop and courtyard projects, and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
- Assist with the planning, design and permitting of landscape architecture, civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects using design, engineering and graphic software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Sketch Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and equipment to prepare landscape architecture and design documents);
- Perform zoning, ordinance and permit assessments, and assist with determining the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various design and engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and design plans for projects;
- Assess soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and topographical and geologic data and their impact on the planning and design of projects using reports, maps, drawings, design and engineering plans, tests, and aerial photographs;
- Provide field inspection services, as needed; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Entry to 2 years of relevant experience. Prior related internship experience is a plus;
- Demonstrated passion for design excellence and the challenges of creating inspiring places in urban environments;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess exceptional computer skills in Adobe Suite, Sketchup, and AutoCAD;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please provide portfolio of work samples with application.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Base Salary Range: $61,000 – $65,000. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.
In addition, this position is eligible for overtime and participation in the firm’s annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.1
$61,000 - $65,000
White Plains, NY
Number of Positions: