Landscape Designer / Project Manager
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Watson Salembier is an industry-leading landscape & urban design studio with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices. We are looking for a Landscape Designer / Project Manager to join our team in New York. Join a renowned studio that offers the full spectrum of design services for select projects with expertise in restoring ecosystems and climate-resilient design! Please provide a Cover Letter, CV, Portfolio, and 2 Recommendations. All files to include your name in the title.
How will you spend your days?
- Lead design development phasing, including authoring landscape design proposals/bids for projects of varying scales
- Independently prepare landscape architecture planning and design documents, including presentation graphics, conceptual plans, reports, diagrams, and specifications. Coordinate the development of drawings internally and with consultants.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the development and preparation of landscape drawings, specifications, etc.
- Maintain project workflow organization including the management of CAD standards, preparation of meeting minutes, and maintaining project file structure. Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
- Generate and test conceptual design ideas via both hand and computer graphics.
- Take an active role during installation, attend site meetings, clarify and confirm design intent, review submittals and shop drawings.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated leadership in project development processes from concept to landscape architecture administration, including technical aspects that are inherent to successful projects.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and budget your time.
- Maintains up‐to‐date and accurate project record filling.
- Defines design issues and synthesizes site inventory and analysis.
- Participates in and leads (as may be required) client and consultant meetings, as well as monitors client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Masters degree in landscape or urban design
- Have previous professional experience of 5+ years in a landscape design practice.
- Possess extensive landscape design management experience, in a supervisory capacity, as well as detailed design documentation skills.
- Proven ability to solve design problems in a proficient manner and site/construction management and supervision experience. Additional experience in cost estimating, construction or engineering is a plus.
Be fluent in:
- Rhino, some experience in Grasshopper and SketchUp
- GIS (preferred but not required)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Microsoft Word (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
New York residence is required by a mix of remote and in-person work.
New York City
Number of Positions: