Landscape Designer & Project Manager – VERDANT
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2022
We are looking to hire a Landscape Designer & Project Manager to join our team. As a boutique design-build firm, we operate in the unique pattern of executing our own designs with an experienced team of designers, craftsmen, installers, and horticulturists. We frequently collaborate with General Contractors, Architects, and Interior Designers on more complex interdisciplinary projects.
The ideal candidate for this position has 3+ years of high-end residential experience in NYC, is comfortable in a variety of project frameworks, has excellent client interaction and communication skills, and both technical and plant knowledge. This new team member should be self-motivated, have a passion for plants, design, and execution and be able to deal with the day to day demands of a given project with guidance from supervising designers. We are looking for somebody with a strong and positive presence that is able to work diligently with our team and has an ambition for creative growth.
To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 3+ years design and project-based experience, from broad conceptualization through construction documentation and administration.
- Experience managing project schedules, deliverables, and client expectations
- Worked on built projects requiring multi-disciplinary collaboration and coordination, (including architects, building boards, structural engineers, technical consultants)
- Experience with projects costs, budgets and contracts
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of urban framework
- Horticultural knowledge demonstrated through design
- Extensive client interaction as project team member, ability to fulfill deliverables and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with DOB, Landmarks Preservation and Building board submissions
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator
- Familiarity with Rhino, Revit, 3DS Max are preferred but not essential
- Sense of Humor
- Valid work permit
Number of Positions: