Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Farm Design LLC is looking for an entry level landscape designer or architect to join our growing team. We embrace regenerative practices to design thoughtful, biodiverse and poetic landscapes. The spaces we create contribute to feelings of restoration, connection, calm and creativity–and through this, we believe there is tremendous potential to positively impact the connection between people and the spaces they inhabit.
We are located at the eastern tip of Long Island and work on diverse projects ranging from artist retreats, historic village homes and extended family compounds–where there is a great opportunity to re-create biodiversity. We apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists and horticulturists to create regenerative–and yes, beautiful–landscapes that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. For examples of our work, please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
We are currently in the process of renaming and rebranding Farm Landscape Design to better reflect what we do, and for whom we do it. We specialize in restoration and rewilding, but also offer more traditional design services as well.
- Assisting Project Manager with all phases and all aspects of design work, beginning with schematic design presentations through construction documents and beyond.
- Prepare graphics for site analysis, schematic design ideas, 2-d and 3-d digital models, design development studies, and construction documents.
- Assist with site work, which includes meeting contractors, discussing design goals with clients, documenting existing landscape features, assessing the health and viability of both existing and new landscapes, preparing meeting notes and more
- Prepare and request for pricing documents using excel, analyze and compare bids, follow up with contractors and more.
- Proficiency in Auto Cad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Sketch Up
- Excellent graphic skills and aesthetics
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Responsible, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Professional friendly demeanor, as well as excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and or willing to learn landscape installation and maintenance requirements
- Experience with plants and planting, or demonstrated interest in ecology and ecological processes
- Familiarity of local building materials and their construction
- Must have your own car transportation, mileage is reimbursed
Remote work during the week is available. However, the candidate will ideally be located within reasonable distance of the East End of Long Island. If the candidate is not located within reasonable distance of the East End, they will have three months from their start date to relocate.
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single .pdf, and 3 references. Submit separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or attach a web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
This is a full-time position. Salary is $60,000. Health and retirement benefits offered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Hampton, NY
Number of Positions: