Landscape Design Graphics Instructor
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2021
NYBG’s Adult Education Department seeks a knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructor for the two foundational Graphics courses in our Landscape Design Certificate Program. These studio-oriented courses teach the art and skill of precise hand-drawing in both plan view and section view, with a focus on scale, line weight, survey analysis, plant symbols, lettering, labeling, and color presentation. By the end of these two courses, students should be fluent in
a wide variety of graphic techniques used to communicate landscape designs, and be able to render landscape plans by hand for optimal presentation to clients. Please note we do not teach computer drawing in these foundational classes.
- Teach one or both of the 24-hour foundational Graphics courses 1-2 times per semester – either online via Zoom or in-person at our Bronx Campus or our Midtown Center Campus near Grand Central Station. This course typically runs once a week for 3 hours over an eight week period. We hold classes on week days, week nights, or week ends, depending on instructor availability. We are specifically looking for
instructors who can teach beginning in the fall of 2021.
- Become familiar with the current curriculum for these 24-hour courses, and collaborate with colleagues to modify this curriculum in coordination with NYBG’s Landscape Design Program Coordinator and Director of Adult Education.
- Maintain strong communication with NYBG administration & students.
- Use an online portal to take attendance and enter grades.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Landscape Design
- Strong hand-rendering skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong customer service experience are required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Comfort with basic classroom technology is preferred.
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Adult Education Director Lisa Whitmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Positions: