Whitham Planning Design Landscape Architecture, PLLC would welcome a new team member to join the design staff at our small, dynamic landscape architectural design, planning, and project management firm.
This full-time Landscape Designer position will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Closely collaborate with other WPD staff and maintain a collegial, collaborative, and supportive office environment;
- Manage and collaborate on 1-6 large- and small-scale projects during all stages of the design process;
- Prepare site analysis, concept development, layout, planting, paving, grading and drainage, and materials plans and details;
- Prepare and manage project schedules and meeting agendas;
- Visit project sites before, during, and after construction;
- Administer construction projects in accordance with the contract documents;
- Prepare municipal approval documents including SEQR, Zoning, and Site Plan Review materials;
- Coordinate between client and consultant teams;
- Deliver presentations to a broad audience of project stakeholders;
- Write project narratives.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- 1-3 years of professional landscape architectural design experience;
- Professional Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Record of effectively collaborating on projects with other colleagues;
- Expert communication, organization, writing, graphic, and presentation skills;
- Expertise in AutoCAD; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Fluency in SketchUp and/or other 3D software to prepare graphics;
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel fluency.
WPD offers our employees a suite of benefits as part of this position, including a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications; health, dental, and vision insurance coverage; a generous PTO and vacation policy. Our office provides ongoing educational and professional development opportunities and enjoys volunteer engagement with our community. Our bright, beautiful office is in the center of downtown Ithaca, NY, a city which offers an exceptional quality of life.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following to [email protected]:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position;
- Professional resume;
- Landscape Architectural Design portfolio: this should include academic and professional work produced;
- Professional writing sample, such as a project description, public design application, or presentation narrative.
Whitham Planning Design Landscape Architecture PLLC (WPD) was established in 2010 and is located in ‘gorges’ Ithaca, New York. The firm provides a broad range of services, including design during all stages of a project’s development, municipal approvals planning, public outreach, and project team coordination. The projects we work on range in scale from community planning and large-scale infill development all the way down to urban pocket parks and minute custom detailing. We believe that our work shapes the identity and experience of these spaces, and look forward to reviewing interested candidates’ materials.