Landscape Architect – Saratoga Associates
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021
Saratoga Springs Office
Saratoga Associates is seeking qualified candidates to fill the full time position of Landscape Architect in our Saratoga Springs Office. Candidates should have 8+ years of professional experience to join our team. This position will support all key areas of our firm’s landscape architecture services, including site design and stormwater management for projects including parks, trails, waterfronts, site development, and streetscapes. This individual will be a member of a client-focused, multi-disciplinary design team of landscape architects, architects, engineers, and planners. Candidates should be well organized and self-motivated to work effectively, both independently and in a team-based environment. Design and graphic skills are required.
This position is ideal for candidates that are looking for an interdisciplinary firm; to lead and organize internal project teams; and to coordinate externally with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors.
Our office is located just off Broadway in the City of Saratoga Springs, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, parks, live music, and the Saratoga Race Course. We are just minutes from Saratoga Lake and Spa State Park – home to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). We always aim for a welcoming culture here at Saratoga Associates – even amidst a pandemic. Come join our team!
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, or related field. The preferred candidate should be registered/licensed in the State of NY, or be able to seek reciprocal registration from another state.
- Working in the Landscape Architecture practice and contribution to design advancement and problem solving;
- Scheduling, production, and coordination of multiple projects at one time;
- Coordination with a multi-disciplinary design team (design consultants, contractors, and subcontractors), including day to day communication;
- Oversight of landscape architecture projects from concept design through construction;
- Development and delivery of design documents, presentations, and construction documents (drawings and specifications, cost estimating, permitting);
- Management of submittal reviews and other construction administration responsibilities
- Communication with and management of clients;
- Review of project documents to ensure compliance with the firm’s standards, best practices, and quality expectations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, or related field. The preferred candidate should be registered/licensed in the State of NY, or be able to seek reciprocal registration from another state;
- Strong design, graphics, and communication skills, with proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D and Microsoft Office software applications,
- Experience in report and proposal writing, billing, and budgeting,
- Prior project and staff management experience,
- Experience taking projects from concept design through the contract documents and construction phases;
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign);
- Working knowledge or proficiency in SketchUp or other 3D modeling software;
- Experience with stormwater modeling and preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs);
- Familiarity with plant materials suited to the Northeast region is preferred;
- Demonstrate dependability, positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Demonstrate sound analytical, research, writing and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate organized and self-motivated execution of responsibilities;
- Demonstrate ability to provide construction observation and report on field conditions;
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Saratoga Associates is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent advancement potential, and unique work environment, 401(k), and health benefits.
Please submit a letter of introduction, resume and portfolio to:
The Marketing Department
Saratoga Associates Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers, and Planners, P.C.
21 Congress Street, Suite 201
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Apply Online: http://www.saratogaassociates.com/about/careers/
Saratoga Springs, NY
Number of Positions: