Landscape Architect – Saratoga Associates
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Saratoga Associates is seeking qualified candidates to fill the full time position of Landscape Architect in our Saratoga Springs Office. Candidates should have professional project and staff management experience to join our team. This position will support project management and production for all key areas of our firm’s landscape architecture services, including site design and stormwater management for projects such as parks, trails, waterfronts, site developments, and streetscapes. This position is ideal for candidates that are looking for an interdisciplinary firm; to lead and organize internal project teams; and to coordinate externally with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors.
This individual will be a member of a client-focused, multi-disciplinary design team of landscape architects, architects, engineers, and planners. Candidates should be well organized and self-motivated to work effectively, both independently and in a team-based environment. Design and graphic skills are required.
Our office is located just off Broadway in the City of Saratoga Springs, walking distance to restaurants, shopping, parks, live music, and the Saratoga Race Course. We are just minutes from Saratoga Lake and Spa State Park – home to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC). We always aim for a welcoming culture here at Saratoga Associates – even amidst a pandemic. Come join our team!
Under the supervision of higher-level staff, the Landscape Architect will oversee assigned landscape architectural activities and projects for the firm; contribution to design advancement and problem solving; perform the full range of professional landscape architecture activities as assigned by the LA Director; supervise junior level landscape architecture staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordination with clients and a multi-disciplinary design team (design consultants, professional and technical staff, contractors, and subcontractors), including day to day communication;
- Develop plans for historic sites, parks, streetscapes, and other facilities;
- Consult with the design team, clients, and other stakeholders to obtain input, resolve problems, discuss and coordinate related developments, and explain projects and programs;
- Perform and/or manage the preparation and review of contract drawings and specifications;
- Prepare graphics and presentations to communicate design intent for internal and public presentations;
- Review and approve landscape architectural plans, estimates, and specifications, construction submittals and RFIs;
- Oversee contractor work activities, review work-in-progress, ensuring that work is completed in accordance with plans and contracts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, or related field. The preferred candidate should be registered/licensed in the State of NY, or be able to seek reciprocal registration from another state;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D, Microsoft Office, and Google email/calendar products;
- Experience in report and proposal writing, billing, and budgeting;
- Prior project and staff management experience;
- Experience taking projects from concept design through the contract documents and construction phases;
- Demonstrate dependability, positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Demonstrate sound analytical, research, writing and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate ability to provide construction observation and report on field conditions;
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign);
- ·Working knowledge or proficiency in SketchUp or other 3D modeling software;
- Rendering capabilities (by hand or utilizing software);
- Experience with stormwater modeling and preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs);
- Familiarity with plant materials suited to the Northeast region is preferred;
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Saratoga Associates is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent advancement potential, and unique work environment, 401(k), and health benefits.
Please submit a letter of introduction, resume and portfolio to:
The Marketing Department
Saratoga Associates Landscape Architects, Architects, Engineers, and Planners, P.C.
21 Congress Street, Suite 201
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Apply Online: http://www.saratogaassociates.
Saratoga Springs, NY
Number of Positions: