Landscape Architect/ Project Manager- Lionheart Places, Austin or Tucson
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021
Lionheart Places is an award-winning, women-owned planning, urban design, and landscape architecture practice for private, institutional, and public sector clients. Based in Austin, Texas and Tucson, AZ, our work spans regions which face urgent 21st century challenges — climate change, growth, habitat loss, and a culture that yearns to be connected to nature and each other. We are stewards of a greener, more equitable, and healthy future! From pocket parks to vision plans for entire cities, we are accomplished in every step of the process and bring the grit and experience to see projects through to completion.
Live the good life in Austin or Tucson! We are hiring a Landscape Architect/Project Manager (4-8 years experience) at either studio. Lionheart’s employee benefits reflect the firm’s commitment to flexibility and life-long learning. If you are an optimist and problem solver, we would love to hear from you!
Please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (10MB max) to [email protected] that clearly demonstrates a passion for quality and innovation.
Learn more at https://www.lionheartplaces.com/careers
Provides designer and/or project manager services on landscape architecture, urban design, planning and project management projects. Leads design studies and supports the Project Managers and/or Principal-in-Charge on complex projects. Serves as a firm-wide leader exemplifying the servant leadership qualities expressed in the values of the firm. Is responsible for the implementation of quality work through project management, effective internal and external coordination, creative problem-solving, and careful task completion. Projects include, but are not limited to, planning, urban design, and landscape architecture for public and privately-owned spaces; community development; streetscape design; park planning and design; code and policy planning; and project entitlements.
- Possess 4-7 years of experience in a design and planning firm.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- Experience in all aspects of planning and design, including but not limited to project definition, conceptual planning and design, documentation of planning and design outcomes, and project management. Knowledge of grading, planting design, bidding and negotiation and construction observation is also required for landscape designers. Knowledge of complex analysis, project entitlements and stakeholder engagement is also required for planners.
- Professional experience that clearly demonstrates a passion for quality and innovation.
- Self-directed and initiative-taking with proven leadership capabilities.
- Focus on high quality service.
- Shows empathy towards clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, ArcView, Sketch Up, and other 3D visualization programs.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Holds or is pursuing professional licensure and/or certifications.
Austin TX or Tucson AZ
Number of Positions:
Jamie Maslyn Larson