ENEA LANDSCAPE DESIGN – NYC
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / PROJECT MANAGER
Enea Landscape Design NYC is looking for a Landscape Architect / Project Manager for a full-time position at our NYC office. The ideal candidate will work with the office director and team of landscape designers to provide our clients with the highest quality landscape design that they have come to expect from Enea.
Candidates must be able to perform as a Landscape Architect Project Manager overseeing various projects, simultaneously, and at all stages of design – from conceptual design to construction administration, with an emphasis on coordination of technical aspects of the landscape design, plant material and construction details.
At Enea, we exist to improve quality of life worldwide by providing thoughtfully and expertly designed landscapes for all to experience. Our focus on design, development and construction of custom high end gardens and spaces is made possible thanks to the exceptional standards and dedication of our teams in Switzerland, New York City and Miami. This commitment to excellence and the diverse makeup of our world class team drive our organization forward. At Enea, every team member plays a critical role in the success of all other team members, as well as our overall mission. Therefore, we are committed to bringing in only the best and brightest who are excited to rise to the challenge.
- Independently communicate and coordinate with internal team, clients and consultants.
- Independently prepare landscape architecture planning and design documents, including presentation graphics, construction documents and construction specifications. Coordinate the development of construction drawings internally and with consultants.
- Coordinate and liaise with manufacturers, suppliers and construction professionals.
- Plan, organize and supervise the development and preparation of landscape drawings, specifications, etc.
- Review shop drawings for accuracy and conformity with approved plans and specifications.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of the site (inventory and analysis, incl. existing vegetation, grades, soil, buildings, roads).
- Perform plant selection and tree tagging.
- Perform Construction Administration services.
- Observe job sites to ensure that the design and quality is being adhered to.
- Attend meetings with clients and other professionals for coordination purposes.
- Coordinate and schedule multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage projects to work within budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate attend and lead project meetings.
- Maintain project workflow organization including the management of CAD standards, preparation of meeting minutes, and maintaining project file structure. Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
- Generate and test conceptual design ideas via both hand and computer graphics.
- Lead special projects that contribute to the operation and innovation of the firm, such as assisting with marketing activities, design research, and development of firm documents.
- Independently provide design solutions graphically in a creative and timely manner.
- Demonstrate interest and ability to engage in mentorship and professional guidance of junior staff and demonstrate leadership to foster positive motivational experience to design staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program.
- 8+ years experience under a licensed landscape architect is required.
- Demonstrated leadership in project development processes from concept to construction administration, including technical aspects that are inherent to successful projects.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget your time
- Strong technical background, experience with quality control, construction documents, development of details, technical specifications, material selection and the Construction Administration process in general.
- Experience coordinating projects as a contributing member of a collaborative team.
- Ability to translate conceptual design into construction drawings and details independently.
- Ability to budget time to comply with deadlines and tight project schedules.
- Ability to take initiative and resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility towards new ways of working.
- Experience in high-end residential design and experience in large-scale developments and condominium developments are a plus.
- Demonstrated production and supervision of presentation-quality graphics and renderings.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interface with team members and clients.
- Working knowledge of the North East Region plant materials.
- Software skills required: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office. Additional software skills with Rhinoceros and Lumion are a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally and internationally.