Landscape Architect/ Project Manager (10 Years Minimum) – B. Thayer Associates
Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2020
B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm with headquarters in Woodbury, Long Island and an office in Long Island City, Queens. B. Thayer Associates is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) in the New York/Long Island Region.
We are seeking a Landscape Architect to join our firm to work at our client’s office, may include remote work and site work.
Perform as lead discipline design manager of multiple projects. Represent the Agency in project delivery for all line departments.
In addition, qualified candidates shall possess the following:
▪ Demonstrated expertise in conceptual design, design development and construction document preparation including cost estimates and specifications
▪ Construction administration and observation experience required
▪ Demonstrated technical expertise and problem solving ability
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
▪ Excellent digital visualization skills and good freehand graphics
▪ ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain
▪ Field experience in wetlands mitigation and horticultural knowledge
▪ Experience working with Public Agencies a plus
▪ Ability to lead and manage projects as well as mentor junior staff
The individual must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and excellent organizational skills. Strong ability in AutoCAD, Adobe CS, Bluebeam Revu and MS Office is required. Knowledge of Rhino, Revit, ProjectWise and Deltek a plus.
MLA or BA in Landscape Architecture with 10+ years of work experience; ISA Certification and professional registration preferred.
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k Plan, and an employee friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D
To apply please e‐mail cover letter, resume, portfolio (less than 15MB), and salary requirements to (no phone calls please):
Human Resources Director
Number of Positions: