Hawkins Partners is looking to add a new member to our talented and award-winning team of landscape architects, designers, and planners. Our firm understands the power of landscape architecture to enhance the human experience, catalyze meaningful engagement between people, and solve the problems facing cities. Our practice is dedicated to connecting “people to community” through everything we do. For more than thirty years, we have built a highly capable and respected firm with a wide range of expertise in the design and planning of mixed-use developments, public spaces, rooftop amenities, sustainable site design, complete streets and park systems.
We are a Nashville based firm with a portfolio that spans across multiple states extending from South Carolina to Michigan. Nashville is our backyard, and we take pride in advocating and designing thoughtful places and spaces that have contributed to its growth over the past thirty years. Nashville recently ranked the 7th fastest growing city by Forbes, offers a low tax environment (i.e., no state income tax), and high quality of life. Within minutes to an hour drive, you can experience a wide range of exceptional outdoor environments for hiking, fly fishing, kayaking, and other outdoor activities. Nashville also offers an ever-growing urban experience with high-quality entertainment and restaurants.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate as we are about delivering inspirational projects, engaging with the community, and realizing the full potential of landscape architecture. A successful candidate should be a self-starter, collaborator, and dedicated to honing their craft as a landscape architect. As a part of our team, you will be expected to:
Manage and collaborate on projects:
- 3-5 years of experience working in the role of helping manage and produce landscape architectural construction document packages. Within six months you will manage small to medium size projects
- Experience developing construction documents in the urban context and rooftop applications is preferred.
- Possess the understanding of construction detailing and the ability to develop detailing to support and elevate design concepts and to assess and review projects during construction administration.
- Accredited degree in landscape architecture, architecture, planning, horticulture, or other equivalent experience (LEED, Sustainable Sites accreditation or landscape architecture licensing a plus)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both graphically, orally and through writing. (hand graphics and ability to quickly sketch ideas a plus)
Collaboratively solve problems:
- Disposition and comfort toward searching for answers
- Self-starter in creating solutions and finding new ways to achieve a goal
- Strong research abilities and field experience to apply knowledge gained
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external team members
- Demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions in a team environment
Apply technological tools:
- Be able to adapt quickly and work in Vectorworks workflow within three months
- Integrate SketchUp and Lumion within design development workflow. (Knowledge of Revit and Rhino is a plus)
- Willing to learn new software and understand potential application to enhance our office’s services
- Exhibit a proficiency in the use of the Adobe Creative Cloud software (with an emphasis on Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft office products
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio with representative samples of your work that demonstrate the ability to meet the above expectations to [email protected] Please do not mail hard copies or send links to portfolio websites.