As stewards of 14% of New York City’s land, NYC Parks builds and maintains clean, safe and accessible parks citywide and programs those sites with recreational, cultural and educational activities for people of all ages. Through this work, NYC Parks improves people’s lives, providing outlets for creative expression, opportunities for healthy recreation and exposure to the restorative beauty of the natural world.
The Capital Projects division, which is charged with the design and construction of parks and park facilities across the five boroughs, is looking for Landscape Architect Interns (these are full-time paid positions) to join our team.
NYC Parks is one of the country’s largest employers of landscape architects. You will enjoy the camaraderie found at Parks while working for the public good. NYC Parks offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, including pension, excellent health benefits, competitive vacation/sick days and a healthy work-life balance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
• Under direct supervision, perform entry-level landscape architectural work in the field and office.
• Assist in the preparation of suitable graphics and presentations to communicate design intent. Attend presentations of projects to other internal and external stakeholders.
• Using AutoCAD and other software, assist in the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, estimates of cost and quantities.
• Assist in the design development of existing conditions analysis, landscape plans and proposed additions.
• Attend project design review with construction and maintenance personnel as well as occasional site inspections for quality assurance.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and self-motivation.
2. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch up, as demonstrated in a portfolio or link on resume.*
3. Adept at creating presentations with InDesign and PowerPoint.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. A driver license valid in New York State.
*All candidates should include a link to their digital portfolio on their cover letter or resume.
This is a full-time year-round paid position.
Salary: $59,125 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 2/28/2020
Work Location: Olmsted Center, Queens
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID# 431072
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks