Landscape Architect / Designer – VERDANT
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2021
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
We are looking to hire a Landscape Architect to join our team. As a boutique design-build firm, we operate in the unique pattern of executing our own designs with an experienced team of designers, craftsmen, installers, and horticulturists. We frequently collaborate with General Contractors, Architects, and Interior Designers on more complex interdisciplinary projects.
Please note that due to the recent COVID surge in New York City, this position will begin as remote work from home until we are able to resume an office presence. We would like our intern to work at least 3 days per week for this paid position.
The ideal candidate for this position has 3-5 years of high-end residential experience in NYC, is comfortable in a variety of project frameworks, has excellent client interaction and communication skills, and both technical and plant knowledge. This new team member should be self-motivated, have a passion for plants, design, and execution and be able to deal with the day to day demands of a given project with guidance from supervising designers. We are looking for somebody with a strong and positive presence that is able to work diligently with our team and has an ambition for creative growth.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 3-5 years design and project-based experience, from broad conceptualization through construction documentation and administration.
- Worked on built projects requiring multi-disciplinary collaboration and coordination, (including architects, building boards, structural engineers, technical consultants)
- Experience with projects costs, budgets and contracts
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of urban framework
- Horticultural knowledge demonstrated through design
- Extensive client interaction as project team member, ability to fulfill deliverables and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with DOB, Landmarks Preservation and Building board submissions
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator
- Familiarity with Rhino, Revit, 3D Max are preferred but not essential
- Sense of Humor
- Valid work permit
Number of Positions: