Landscape Architect / Designer – 4+ years experience
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Hollander Design Landscape Architects seeks a skilled, creative landscape architect/ landscape designer with 4+ years of professional experience to join our New York Office.
We’re a nationally-recognized design firm working on exciting projects that cover a wide range of scales. These include large country estates and gardens, urban rooftops, parks, historic properties and selected commercial and institutional sites from the Hamptons to Hong Kong. Learn more about the types of work you’d be working on via our Instagram, LinkedIn and our website.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Like working cheerfully and effectively in a small-team setting on a wide range of project types.
- Are excited by the hands-on nature of work that includes physically sketching in addition to computer rendering, getting out into the field for construction administration and placing plant material.
- Are ready to be a part of an always-learning environment that regularly offers continuing education opportunities
- Share our commitment to thoughtful, innovative design solutions appropriate to three ecologies: the site’s ecology, its architectural ecology and its human ecology.
- Are eager to be a part of a fast-paced and rigorous design process that results in outstanding built work with a high level of detailing.
- Don’t mind a friendly dog or two trotting around the office!
- Experience in managing or contributing to complex projects from schematic design through construction documentation and implementation.
- Experience in high-end, single family residential design, urban private rooftops or small-scale commercial development
- Demonstrated organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical strength in grading and construction details
- Strong hand rendering and digital graphic skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD v2013, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program
- Experience with Lumion, Rhino or other 3-D rendering programs
- A working knowledge of plant material
- Professional licensure
This is a full-time position. Health care benefits, 401k plan and other competitive benefits included. Salary is commensurate with experience. Some travel maybe required. Position is for immediate hire.
- Please email resume and project examples to the attention of [email protected].
- Send portfolio and resume as .pdf attachments (max. 10MB). Please do not send as a link to an outside site.