Landscape Architect – Central Park Conservancy
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
The Central Park Conservancy has an immediate opening for an experienced landscape architect to join our 28-person Planning, Design and Construction studio. Our interdisciplinary design team supports the Conservancy’s continued 40-year effort of restoration and care of New York’s Central Park, with an ongoing program of work that includes historic and ecological landscape and water body restorations, redesign of playground and recreation facilities, infrastructure modernization and a wide range of architectural rehabilitation projects.
Reporting to the Studio Director, the position will participate in the planning, design, and supervision of restoration and reconstruction projects in the Park. Candidate’s portfolio should exhibit strong skills in all phases of professional practice, with an emphasis on effective project design, graphic presentations, varied construction documentation experience, and involvement in project implementation.
- Degree from an accredited program in landscape architecture.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in landscape architectural practice.
- Professional licensure landscape architecture
- Demonstrated competencies in design development with proficiencies in grading, horticulture/planting design, construction detailing and materials knowledge.
- Cost estimating experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications, technical and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of collaborative interdisciplinary teams.
- Solid proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suites and MS Office. Working knowledge of Rhino 3D is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience with relevant design standards, codes and standards of practice. Experience with New York City agencies is preferred, but not required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Conduct site analyses
- Prepare project scopes of work.
- Prepare and develop schematic designs.
- Prepare illustrative and written material required to convey design intent.
- Conduct materials research and coordinate field material orders.
- Prepare contract documents including drawings and technical specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates throughout phases of design.
- Prepare RFPs for consultant services, coordinate work by consultants, and incorporate deliverables into project designs.
- Prepare project designs for donors, community groups, regulatory commissions, and attend public meetings as directed.
- Work with project managers and studio director to clarify questions about CDs and resolve issues in the field.
- Maintain up-to-date files on projects.
- Monitor fieldwork performed by site contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
Learn more about our work at https://restoration.centralparknyc.org/
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com
Commensurate with experience
Number of Positions: