Landscape Architect (37830)
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in supporting integrated design services for both public and private sector clients at sites focused in the NYC metropolitan and tristate area, with opportunities throughout the United States and abroad. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse portfolio of waterfront design, urban revitalization and streetscape, smart growth planning, community design, retail and commercial site planning, healthcare and university campus design, rooftop gardens, green infrastructure, and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
- Assist with the planning, design, and permitting of land development and infrastructure projects using design and graphic software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Land F/X, Sketch Up, Lumion, the Adobe suite of programs, Bluebeam, site lighting software, and equipment to prepare landscape architecture deliverables;
- Perform zoning, ordinance, and permit assessments, site analysis services and photography, and assist with determining the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Assist with the preparation, review, and modification of various design and landscape architecture related documents including conceptual and technical design plans, plan view and perspective renderings, specifications, construction schedules, cost estimates, and reports for projects;
- Provide field observation and construction administration services such as reviewing and responding to contractor requests-for-information, submittals and shop drawings, plant selection and tagging at nurseries, and preparing punch list reports;
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- 3 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in Landscape Architecture design, including site planning, grading, stormwater management, drainage, planting, irrigation, lighting, soil improvement, and soil erosion;
- In process of securing or currently maintain professional licensure;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess exceptional computer skills in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Lumion, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Teams, Word, Excel and Office;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment and to follow direction and collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments;
- Must be willing to work in the field as necessary, and possess reliable transportation for job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to occasionally travel to and work in other office locations;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and federal land use permitting processes; and
- Experience working on landscape architecture design and permitting in New Jersey and NYC is desired.
Please submit portfolio along with cover letter, resume, and references.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Parsippany, New Jersey
Number of Positions: