Margie Ruddick Landscape located in Tarrytown, NY, is seeking a full-time Landscape Designer with strong interest in the representation of our environments to join our small, fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative firm. The candidate will assist Margie Ruddick and staff landscape architects in preparation of materials including proposals, site analysis, digital models, schematic design, and construction documentation. Strong graphic capabilities are required. Candidate must be efficient working within budgeted time constraints for tasks and be able to follow office standard operational procedures and guidelines.
This position will entail the site design, planning, and coordination of projects at a range of scales, the majority of which are based in New York City, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester and Fairfield Counties. http://www.margieruddick.com/about-us/
Applicants must demonstrate an inventive and thoughtful approach to representation and an ability to work collaboratively within the office, with professionals in allied fields such as architecture, civil engineering, and ecology, and with artists. The ideal candidate will have at minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a landscape architecture, architecture or urban design firm. A background in an allied profession is a plus. Self-starting entry level candidates with internship or office experience will also be considered.
- Design, management, and production of drawings for projects of different scales and different stages in the design process
- Create clear and compelling diagrams, sections, perspectives, and plans
- Compilation of targeted project research and analysis into visual and text documents and/or design solutions
- Initiate tasks, organize, and see projects through completion within a timeline
- Preparation of and the ability to give verbal, visual, and oral presentations to clients, municipal staff and boards, community members, etc.
- Collaborate with and support team members
- Professional Landscape Architecture degree (BLA or MLA) or related degree
- Demonstrated ability in Site Assessment, Design, and Planning at macro and micro (details) scales
- Effective time management ability with attention to detail
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience 3-D modeling and rendering (Rhino, Sketchup, Lumion, or others)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong design and writing skills
- Clear communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to represent ideas through hand drawing
Candidates are required to submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio (no more than 15 MB), and writing sample. Please send inquiries and application materials to Roe Dentico [email protected] We look forward to reviewing your work.