BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our Copenhagen, New York, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining – to affordable housing that feels everything but and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One to living in floating cities and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates – a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG School offers in-house lessons while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, to give form to our future one project at a time.
Join us on our mission if you are a Junior Landscape Designer who has:
- A Professional degree in landscape architecture or architecture with landscape-related degree (Ecology, Urbanism, Urban Design, Environmental Design) and 0-3 years professional experience as a landscape designer/architect
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English- spoken and written
- Strong conceptual and design skills with sensitivity in the human scale
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with and in support of architectural design teams
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- Understanding of grading design, planting design, natural systems, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Should have strong ability with 3D modeling in Rhino, as well as AutoCAD, V-Ray, Adobe Suite (Revit is a plus)
- Organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take on constructive guidance in response to direction from managers
- Experience as a junior designer on built and published references is preferred
- Experience working in a leading American or international architecture office is preferred
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.