NYSDOT is looking for Junior Landscape Architect candidates with either a Degree or a License in Landscape Architecture for a position in our Long Island office. The ideal candidate can:
- Provide landscape architecture design and support for transportation improvement projects and environmental enhancement projects.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to engineering staff on environmental issues and regulations.
- Perform environmental analysis and coordinate permit applications interaction with public and private entities.
- Assist with erosion and sediment control plans and storm water management plans.
- Perform wetland delineations.
- Prepare project plans, specifications, estimates and correspondence
- Successful candidate will be expected to have good written and verbal communication skills
- Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
About the New York State Department of Transportation
New York State has some of the most extensive, heavily used transportation infrastructure in the world, and the work we do at the New York State Department of Transportation affects millions
of people every day. It is the mission of the NYSDOT to ensure our customers – those who live, work and travel in New York — have a safe, efficient, balanced and environmentally sound transportation system.
About Region 10, Long Island: Our Landscape and Environment group works to tackle a broad range of projects unique to Long Island. Whether it’s historic parkways, shared use paths, or maritime natural environments, we utilize a broad range of experience to maintain and create new public spaces using creative solutions.
*We offer substantial Health, Vacation, Professional Development, and Retirement benefits
Qualified candidates should send their letter of interest, current resume, and at least three professional references no later than July 3, 2019 to:
Department of Transportation – Region 10
250 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Fax: (631) 952-6169
Email: [email protected]
NOTE: If you submit your letter of interest, resume and references via e-mail, please note the Posting # (44071) and job title in the subject line.