Introduction to SWA/Balsley:
Join our team at SWA/Balsley to develop and strengthen your emerging design & technical expertise working on high profile, award-winning projects in NYC, the US, and abroad.
SWA/Balsley is actively seeking creative, highly skilled Junior to Mid-Level landscape designers/landscape architects with 3-5 years of experience for immediate employment in our New York City studio.
In this role, you will collaborate with a level of studio leadership including National ASLA Design Medalist, Tom Balsley. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a new dynamic studio, develop a robust portfolio of built work of the highest design caliber, and engage with various other studios of SWA – the largest design-centric landscape architecture firm in the U.S.
Computer graphic expertise required includes 3D modeling and rendering, illustrative plans and sections, analysis and design diagramming, strong conceptual thinking, and presentation layout. A demonstrated experience with technical documentation, construction field work, coordination with other consultants, as well as extensive experience with project and client management. Strong and clear verbal and written communications skills are essential since coordinating with multi-disciplinary teams will be expected.
- Grow with a new firm with a national design reputation.
- SWA/Balsley places equal design value on all facets of work.
- Extraordinary growth potential within SWA/Balsley.
- Opportunities to cross-fertilize with SWA’s eight other studios across the U.S. and abroad.
- Unparalleled benefits package unique to SWA Group which includes employee stock contributions.
- SWA/Balsley is following all CDC, local, and state guidelines for COVID-19. At this time, our staff is partially remote and meeting in the office as needed for project work to continue while following strict health and safety protocols.
- Remote candidates will be considered, however, once COVID restrictions are lifted, it is anticipated that this role will require a physical presence in the NYC office.
- Accredited Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective time management skills
- Positive attitude and sense of accountability
- Proficiency in:
- AutoCAD 2014+ and Revit if possible
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, esp.)
- 3D modeling (Rhino or SketchUp)
- ArcMap/ ArcGIS
- Hand sketching
- Portfolio (PDF, 20MB max.)
- Resume/CV (Word or PDF)
- Contact info for 2-3 references
- Cover letter
Send materials in PDF format to [email protected]. We will carefully consider your application during our initial screening and will contact you if you are selected for an interview by video-conference.
Learn more about our firm at http://swabalsley.com